Submitted: 02-19-2013 by techdirector
I am getting old - aren't we all? - and have been having trouble lifting my 80 pound Old Town discovery 164. I still can carry and paddle but lifting is no longer an option. My adult son and I still race and rally with it; He carries. I digress...

I got the Fusion for the times I want to paddle or fish alone I am pretty pleased with the boat. It fits my style mostly. THERE are 2 small issues though. I don't care for kayak paddles. I adjusted my paddle length to shorter than I use in the tandem. I am too big to sit high in the folding back rest seat Wenonah includes with the boat and the low seat works well, until I want to kneel. I can't get my feet under the seat.

The seat is also the cause of my other concern. It is in the exact place where there should be a portage yoke. I'd be interested in learning if I am the only one with these issues.

By and large I am happy with the Fusion and would not take it back. A Portage yoke would be a good thing...

Ostrom Outdoors: