Submitted: 02-19-2013 by 96er

My Background: Go for a paddle about once a decade. So I guess my expectations are perhaps low.

Last weekend tried it on the calm ocean (Rapid Bay, South Oz) with my wife, 3 yo daughter way up front and our medium sized dog in the back - the webbing can be easily removed. It performed brilliantly (though the dog may still not agree). It's really a very forgiving paddle boat. We had boats motoring by and it was always confident. At first I was packing it with the side waves, but then they just roll on past so very enjoyable. It paddles well, holds line (sorry I am a MTBer) and went where I wanted to go. The only hassle was propping myself back up into the seat now and then to get back more upright where paddling felt best - a small compromise for the pack down benefits.

Inflation and deflation is very easy. About 5 minutes to inflate. It comes in a black bag about the size of a large cheap sleeping bag, I was not a believer that it was ever going back in that bag again but it does - repeatedly! The best bit for us is that it easily lives on standby in our camper van when time and space is right.

It seems like its built pretty well. The outer is quite tough. You would not want to ski down a hill on it, but common sense care to not scrape it on much it would appear like it will last quite a while. This boat has opened up paddling to my family so it looks like we'll be spending more time on water than on dirt.

Will write another update in 6 months...