Submitted: 02-19-2013 by M Grinwis

Bought mine in 2010 after trying out an in-law's. It was the stability and weight capacity that sold me! (Yes, I've duplicated the promo pics by standing and sitting with legs over the side and leaning, and my O.K. hardly tipped at all!)

This yak will handle just about any water, though at 12' 9" and 34" wide, it's not meant for large white water or tight/narrow streams. I really enjoy being able to hit shallows and narrow coves where other boats can't go, while still being able to paddle out into bigger water (even Lake Michigan) confident my PBGA will get me to wherever I'm going. The molded seat is fairly comfortable, though I added a Sqwoosh fisherman's seat for handling those longer periods "in the saddle". And 240cm graphite paddles are a must for a yak this wide. The adjustable foot rests were a must for me, and I love having the ability to change leg positions over time. The back well is nice and deep and provides adequate storage space for fishing gear, a cooler, etc. And there are an adequate number of scupper holes fore and aft to empty out any stray water. The front storage bin is large, and I've carried a portable wheeled carrier to help with portaging my yak out of the water after a trip. Having a 550-600 lb. capacity means the PBGA is somewhat more susceptible to being blown by the wind, but I've never found it to be unmanageable or a problem. One feature I miss is the snap-on cover over the long center storage tray. This feature was discontinued with the 2010 model.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this yak to anyone looking for a good quality, all-around kayak.