Submitted: 01-23-2013 by rcerezo99

Breeze is a good beginner boat with good speed (for its size), a comfortable seat and quality Rotomolded Polyethylene material; however this boat is very poor at tracking straight. Tracking is bad on rivers and horrendous in windy conditions on open water. The boat badly needs a skeg or rudder.

The problem is caused by the upward bow combined with small size of the boat. This creates a really small footprint on the water. The bow acts as a sail getting pushed by winds that causes the stern to waver. The sway of the stern in windy conditions forces the paddler to constantly make corrections, which is frustrating as it is tiring.

I also would not recommend this boat for a tall person. I am 5'11 with size 11 feet. My knees were never really comfortable on the kneepads and the boat is too narrow around the foot pegs for a person with big feet.

I kept the Breeze for less than a year before trading it in for a much better touring kayak. If after reading this review you are still considering Breeze, I STRONGLY recommended getting a rudder.