Submitted: 10-08-2000 by J.A.M.

When I went shopping for a kayak I went to every store in the phoenix valley that carried the boats. I got brochures, looked online, and asked the opinion of all the employees I came across. I had my mind made up and went to pick up the boat I thought I wanted. When I got to the store I felt the composition of that boat and it was flimsy like a child's toy. At that same moment I noticed the polylink 3 decal on the Old Town 138. The composition was much stiffer and the length was comparable but the price was lower. I purchased the 138 and took it out to the lake the next day. I let my friends try it and they are ready to go buy old town kayaks also. There really isn't a draw back to the 138 that i can see so far and I fully intend on letting others use it to see what I am so enthusiastic about.