Submitted: 01-14-2013 by ityb

I have a late 2008 Model and it seems all the issues mentioned in the earlier reviews were taken care of: the Hatch rims are bolted into the the boat, there is a thin layer of mini cell foam under the seat which prevents the scuffing with the Hull, The rudder is a reliable TrackMaster.

I am 6 feet 215 lbs and it fits me great. The seat is a perfect match to my behind and it's built so there's no need for a back band. I have an Epic V8 to compare it to and it is slightly less stable and probably feels like the 18X stability wise. The boat is a very fast round chine with a definitive v shaped Hull. My 36 lbs CK layup is amazingly light and fun to paddle with room in the Hatches for a lot of Gear.

I would give it a 9 if it had a day hatch and 10 if it also had the flat bottomed hull of the 18x sport/v8 which would give me a little more primary stability.