Submitted: 01-07-2013 by Logan M.

Coming from a Sea Eagle SE330 Inflatable kayak package, I needed a kayak that was able to tow a good amount of weight and give me reliable storage for overnight and 2 night slow river excursions - this Loon 120 has definitely matched my expectations in that field!

The sealed stern supplies storage for my 10L and 20L dry bags, as well as room for my 15L compression bag (packed tightly with a couple shirts and pillow). Thus far, I haven't noticed any leaking from the sealing material but I could see that in the future I may be inclined to "re-caulk" around the edges. I have a small two person tent that I pack behind the seat and a few small ammo crates that hold some fire-starting gear and "bagged" dinners are able to sit on the floor of the kayak in front of my feet.

Ranked at 325lbs max I was worried that my weight of 240lbs and the weight added from camping gear would be too much for the kayak, but I was wrong. All of this gear, (carefully packed for proper weight distribution) as well as myself are kept afloat by the Loon 120 with ease.

As far as foot and seat comfort goes, I'm 5'11" and have men's US 13 sized feet. The foot rails slid into position perfectly and the seat adjusted to the proper back height with no problems. The kayak is comfortable and I definitely recommend it to anyone similar in size.