Submitted: 01-03-2013 by Larry

This is my first season paddling the 70 gallon Jackson Fun Runner. I like it. I like it a lot. I sold an 80 gallon River Runner boat because while it could get me down river comfortably in either big water or technically demanding conditions it just wasn't fun to paddle and "Fun" is what it is all about. The Fun Runner gives me that.

The Fun Runner has good speed plus allows me to some basic front end surfs. No, it is not a play boat. If I want to play and run a river I have my Jackson 4 Fun. If my preference is river running in larger water or something I want that volume for, then my Fun Runner is my go to boat. It has good speed and volume. The volume in the bow and stern help keep the boat on the surface. The bow volume too allows me to wear a larger boot than normal for those long grunting portages. The boat too turns well and is easier than some boats for rolling.

Negatives: it doesn't do everything, and no boat does. Also, like others said, you either love Jackson Outfitting or you hate it - me I am in the middle. I own 2 Jackson ww kayaks and that speaks for itself.

NOCQUA Adventure Gear: