Submitted: 01-02-2013 by cropduster
It's raining today so I'm taking the time to give my impressions of the 700X. Two years ago I bought a 600X and really loved it but I kept thinking the 700 would be a little faster. So, for several months I kept watching the QCC demo page and a carbon/kevlar boat became available. I received it in the Spring last year and paddled it off and on all Summer. The 700 is fast and handles all kinds of wind and water conditions well. The worst conditions I encountered was the bluz-cruz race in April. Strong Mississippi River current and 20+ MPH South wind against us. A real workout.

I started trying to sell the 600 immediately after receiving the 700 but didn't have any luck. Many lookers but no takers. So, from time to time I would switch boats and take the 600 out. Eventually, I decided to sell the 700 and keep the 600. Why?

The 600X is a great boat if you keep the weight down. I usually leave the dock at a little over 200 pounds + boat with all my stuff on board. The 600 paddles more like a sports car at that weight. The 700 tends to sit higher out of the water so it is affected more in high winds. Not a problem just different. Next, both boats are under 50 pounds but the 600 is easier to handle by myself when loading it on the trailer or on top of my golf cart.

In the end, the 700 now belongs to a friend of mine who is a stronger paddler and is able to get the extra speed out of it. If I was paddling heavy the 700 would definitely be the boat for me but for my style of kayaking the QCC600X is the boat for me.