Submitted: 12-31-2012 by Free Willy

I've had mine for two seasons now. I use a Greenland stick exclusively. No disagreement here with the earlier two reviews, but it took me a while to settle in with this boat.

Tahe created the T to accommodate larger paddlers than the Greenland (both now carry the Zegul badge). I demoed both hulls and went with the T because it "felt" faster and more maneuverable than the slimmer Greenland. In addition to having a bit more volume (in beam), the T also has a day hatch and full keyhole cockpit that the Greenland lacks. However, at 5-foot-9 and 165 lbs, I am a bit smaller than at least one of the two previous reviewers. It seems that Tahe -- to expand their market to bigger paddlers -- moved the T's seat aft. I found it too close to the rear coaming for comfortable laybacks, and too far from the thigh hooks for someone of my size to get a good grip.

So I drilled a couple of new holes in the cheek stays and re-hung the stock seat about 1 inch forward. This gave me just enough room in front of the coaming for a much improved layback. I removed the backband in favor of a full-width, 1-inch minicell pad wedged between the top of the seat and the bottom of the coaming. I also removed the seat pad for a better fit (the stock seat is contoured so nicely no pad is needed) and I use a 1-inch minicell masik that I slide into place slightly aft of the thigh hooks. This gives me a tight but all-day comfortable fit in the cockpit and great control. If it changed the trim and handling of the hull at all, it improved it.

With these modifications I just love this boat for day paddling in all conditions. It is crazy fast, maneuverable, loves running on waves, and is a blast in surf. It is surprisingly stable and stupid-easy to brace or roll.
And, it looks SO darn cool. I have yet to try loading it up for camping but will this spring.

Talic: