Submitted: 12-24-2012 by kanaka
Since my May 30, 2008 I have purchased 2 newer 4 Fun boats. I have paddled them for a total of 4 seasons now and the 4 fun is indeed my favourite river runner/play. (I have recently purchased a Jackson Fun Runner) I like the 4 Fun ease of rolling, light to carry, looseness on the wave, great great great boat for front surfing and volume on squirly water.

I am not the biggest fan of the rope methods used to cinch up the back band. In addition, I have added foam to the thigh hooks to help keep my knees in when rolling. I have heard this same issue with other Jackson owners. I am still concerned about the plastic and its potential for tearing on sharp rocks. I have come to the conclusion that the 1st Jackson i purchased and i wrote about here in 2008 was just made badly. It was a demo and I have heard of other paddlers who had the same boat of that same colour that had the exact same problem.