Submitted: 12-10-2012 by JG

My wife and I recently bought a new Oasis and couldn't be more happy about it. It really is hard to add anything beyond what has already been said. I would like to comment about what MB wrote on 06-07-2011. I've talked to several many years experienced Kayakers who say that most tandem kayaks, Hobie or otherwise, need ballast when used by a single kayaker. The kayak has difficulty tracking otherwise. You have to experiment with the weight and position of the weight. At the very least, at the front seat position. They also added that you should always cleat the rudder down with the down cord. Yes the rudder has a catch that holds it but it can pop up pretty easily. I'm told that experienced Hobie users always cleat the rudder down. Had MB done both of these things, he almost certainly wouldn't have taken the Oasis back to the dealer. My experience? He's missing out big time.