Submitted: 12-06-2012 by moriverrat

Some harsh and unwarranted reviews on here against the Pack. In October 2010 I repeated the 340 mile float from St. Joe to Hermann, MO in just 5 days. The Pack can easily carry a paddler plus supplies and provisions for extended solo trips in excess of a week. It easily handled the currents and conditions of a major river, and some extreme barge wakes, while loaded in this capacity. My rotor cuff repair in the summer of 2011 put the kibosh on a third trip, and the drought and heat wave saw to it there'd be no expedition in 2012. My duties as a single father, to a daughter born April 5, 2011, have also kept me off the water somewhat. I have however taken her out on a large lake in the front of the Pack, and it was a fine introduction to canoeing for her. I have recently added a Reflection Dagger 15 to the stable, and I'm going to rig it for a Summer 2013 solo run of the length of the Missouri River as it flows through the state of Missouri, some 550 miles. Had I not obtained the Dagger, I would not hesitate to employ the Pack in the role I pioneered for it.

New York Kayak Co.: