Submitted: 11-27-2012 by AAG

I have had this boat for four years. This is an excellent sit on top boat. The Prowler 15 has some decent speed and excellent stability. I am 5'11 210 lbs and I feel comfortable in the boat. The Prowler really shines when loaded down with camping gear. The boat seems to perform better when weighted down a bit. Furthermore, the hatch space is great, and it is possible to slide gear all the way to the back of the boat. This is great for trimming the boat when you have a large load.

The Prowler is a great offshore fishing boat. It has done everything I expected it would when used as a fishing yak. The durability of the kayak is very good. I have been dragging it through the Everglades for four years now without any serious gashes. The kayak wind cocks and a rudder is almost absolutely necessary when dealing with strong winds and tides 20+ mph winds.

The Prowler handles big surf very well. The boat rides up over the top of large swells and surfs nicely into shore or when running offshore. The drainage in the footwell sucks, and I find the footwell a little uncomfortable at times. Do not let that deter you from getting this boat because the positives outweighs that negative. That said if you can find a new one at a kayak shop that's been laying around for years or find one used go for it. This boat will outperform the new Prowler models for half the price.

Lastly, you gotta have some muscle if you plan to use this boat. I lift it on top of my blazer no problem and paddle it 20 miles a day sometimes, but if you cannot dead lift 70lbs over your head go find something smaller. Get out on the water!!