Submitted: 11-26-2012 by JDC

I'm 6'5" and 220 lbs. The Pack is tippy for me if I sit on the seat with my feet flat on the floor. Just stretching my legs out in front of me alleviates most of the tippy feeling. Kneeling gets the center of gravity low enough to give me good stability. All of my paddling has been on a local river. Tracking while powering up stream is poor if I use a canoe paddle. Once I started using a double bladed Kayak paddle I am able to go upstream well. The light weight allows easy portaging around the rapids that I can't paddle up.

Bottom line:
The size and weight makes transporting/portaging easy.
Stability is a lot more sensitive to your center of gravity than any of the other canoes that I have used.
Tracking on calm water is good with proper paddling technique. If you try to put too much power into your stroke the tracking is poor, but using a double bladed paddle allows alternating power from side to side to keep you pointing where you want to go.