Submitted: 10-04-2000 by mcwood4
Souris River Tranquility 15' Duralite solo canoe. "Lite" is a word to highlite here. It is not only lite at 37# for the loading and portage, but it always looks and feels lite! This sets an attitude that carries over into the whole experiance. THe experiances with this canoe are fantastic! I earlier reviewed my 16' Duralite Souris canoe. That was a compromize canoe and it was a very, very good canoe to fill that role. What I have discovered is that a compromize is just that, a compromize. I have moved on to owning several canoes where each has a purpose and I am oh so much happier with all of my canoes. The 15' Tranquility is the best open straignt keeled solo canoe that I have paddled. It is very fast and stable. I love it more each time I take it for a paddle. My one complaint is that it can be a bit hard to turn at times, but then I do understand that it was designed to travel straight and fast in the boundry waters and it turns slow by design. It is a 9 of 10! in my book. (So far only Kruger Canoes get 10 of 10 ratings from me!)