Submitted: 11-14-2012 by trvlrerik
Just to qualify this review I am primarily a touring style kayaker. I bought this boat as a creek and limited WW boat. Multiple people are going to use the boat, so I took out the foot board and installed adjustable foot pegs.

The Connect 30 seating system is outstanding, people that are not used to a back band may take a while getting used to it but it is a great intro into back band seating. I am 5'11" 175 lbs so I am at the high end of the boats rec. usage but I found the cockpit to be very comfortable and needed very little padding to get the fit snug.

For a boat that is designed to track well on flat water it does turn even with the skeg down. After a little getting used to it the skeg may not need to be used at all. With the skeg up it does turn on a dime nearly as quickly as a pure WW or play boat. The high rounded nose does not want to dig into waves, it rides up and over most everything I have gone into so far. It has good primary stability, secondary stability is a little non predicable, as I cannot feel the "edge" when the tipping point is reached. The boat rolls easily and the large large cockpit makes wet re-entry very easy.
When alone on flat water the boat seems fast as it does create a lot of wake and bow waves, but if you are with anybody in a 12' boat the illusion is gone. For a boat this short it is fast for a WW boat.

The light weight, and versatile nature of the Fusion make it a great boat for general use or a quick paddle. It is a lot of fun, and will see a lot of use in my "fleet".