Submitted: 10-26-2012 by gulfpaddler
I purchased the Eagle Ray 230cm, all carbon, TLC as an upgrade from a Carlisle paddle. Make no mistake this was very a advantageous move. I liked it very much. Over time it has proved to be very strong (I keep it by my bed to beat burglars away), in my area we have many oyster beds and rocks to deal with and it has found them all it seems. After an estimated 35 trips it has a few scratches and a scar for showing its worth. In the performance department it has proven to be a great relaxed paddling machine. It propels my 16'10" boat at a nice comfy pace. Minimal flutter, easy entry and exit, and light weight to boot.

I give it an 8 due to having to work pretty hard with it in rougher currents (should break out a high angle at these times). And that I do have a more natural high angle stroke. I have to keep telling myself to relax with this paddle. So if you are into a nice cruising speed instead of an aggressive run, then this is your paddle for big boats.