Submitted: 10-15-2012 by Wilbur

My Specs: I am 5'7", 200 lbs dropping to 171 lbs during the season. Primarily a day tripper. Paddle with a Greenland paddle

The CetusMV, when I first got it, felt less stable than the boats I was used to. I know.... some of the reviewers keep calling it "dumb" stable. I wasn't used to the smaller cockpit, as the Capella 166 RM had a much bigger one and at least I felt the Capella was more stable. Over time, I got more and more familiar with the CetusMV. It's a fantastic boat.. very fast, tons of cargo space, and very agile. It's probably one of the best all-around boats. I've taken the boat out into 4-6ft swells and the boat handled very well.

I will add that the boat rolls very easily. I wouldn't say it auto-rolls, but it definitely is on the easier side. For me, it facilitates all the layback rolls and the forward finishing ones, as well. Note that the day hatch and the pocket hatch make for a great combination... it's easy to keep all your stuff on hand and easily accessible.

Two things I would complain about this boat:
The foam knee pads will un-glue themselves over time. Be prepared to glue them back... within a month of owning the boat.
The seat backband design could be improved.. mine doesn't hold very well, though I do a lot of layback rolls.