Submitted: 10-15-2012 by dharmon

I just want to chime in with very similar comments to CWards. I took up kayaking in my early 50s after many years of canoeing. My first two years I paddled an Eddyline Falcon S18, which in many ways is a very good boat (and the used one I got was a Kevlar layup, which is sooo nice!). But I found that I wanted more initial stability. Which the Cetus HV has in spades. I tried one at a local try & buy in June and bought it then and there. No regrets.

I love the boat's spaciousness (although I am on the lower side of HV-ness, 5-11 and 188-195ish). But, the initial stability doesn't seem to have compromised its maneuverability. I can edge it far better than the Falcon and make turns more tightly.

My only quibble, and I was spoiled by the Kevlar Falcon, is that it's heavy. Heavy heavy! So much harder to move, load. But the P&H craftsmanship is absolutely top quality. I'm guessing that their fiberglass is a bit thicker than most? Anyway, the execution of the boat is splendid.
Very highly recommended.