Submitted: 10-05-2012 by Ron H.

I ordered this kayak from Amazon. Since it arrived, I've paddled daily for the last week on a lake. Given that it is a recreational kayak, I'm pleased with its tracking and ease of use. The advertising did not make it clear that there is a rear bulkhead to keep the compartment dry. This was a pleasant surprise. I'm 6'0" and 220 lbs., and it works well for me.

I intend to extend my paddling season this fall by adding a splash deck spray skirt. Without it, there definitely is some splash that lands on my legs in choppy water and from paddle drips. My one complaint (hence my 9/10 rating) is the paddle holder. The bungee is just pushed through drilled holes in the deck with a knot on the inside, so it will drip into the kayak from the water wicking when it gets wet (which it does every time I go out). I'm fixing it myself. The real solution is for the manufacturer to not try to do it on the cheap and instead mount the bungee properly with proper hardware (using shock cord ends so they won't leak). In addition, in my opinion the paddle holder is placed too far forward on the deck, and ideally should be moved back toward the paddler and a bit higher on the side. All of that would make this kayak just that much better.