Submitted: 10-05-2012 by dvos

I am updating my review now of the Current Design Vision 140 with rudder (from 08-05-2012).
I previously had stated that because of the problem we experienced. The cleats which were supposed to hold the deck lines secure & in place were cracking in half & falling off so as a result the deck lines were flopping around loose. This happened when the kayak was brand new & had not even been exposed to sun or water yet. We drove it back to Toronto to the Complete Paddler & of course, they had it 3 wks & replaced all the deck lines & cleats. We got it home, used it once for only a little over an hour & a half, & while I was washing it off before storing it away again, didn't I see that it had happened again. So we drove it again back to Toronto. This time, The Complete Paddler gave us a $150 gift certificate to compensate us for the cost of our gas back & forth now from Ingersoll a total of 6x. And, I must say, Current Design didn't try to replace the cleats at all this time - they replaced the entire kayak with a brand new one. We gave it a good try & thankfully, they seem to have gotten to the bottom of their poor quality cleats so I am updating my review now of this product.

It's a nice looking kayak, very high quality job visually. It handles very nice. Rudder works great. It's a great asset to have in a cross wind but naturally, it's a good thing to know how to use different paddle strokes in case the rudder ever does break. The cleats & deck lines were all great. Initial stability is great!!!

I now would give this kayak a 10 out of 10. Thank you Current Design for producing a quality product & for standing behind your product. I would recommend this product. Two thumbs up now!!!

Bending Branches: