Submitted: 10-05-2012 by Sandra F.

I purchased my Advanced Elements Advanced Frame Sport in August 2012 and after using it once, I realized I wanted the "AE Backbone" for added stability, support and improved tracking. I wasn't able to go kayaking using the backbone until 2 days ago on October 1 and boy, what an improvement in the kayaks' performance.

The AE AF Sport is my third inflatable kayak and by far the best one I have owned thus far. I found it handled 1 foot waves on a lake quiet well and tracked and sliced through the water like a hard shell kayak. I love the fact that it weighs only 26 lbs (plus another pound with the backbone installed). I use my AE Inflatable foot rest for added leg stability. I absolutely love the paddle holders on both sides and the deck rigging bungee cord for holding my manual bilge pump(just in case I need it).

I like the orange and blue sporty design on the deck (easy to see on the water for safety reasons), the built-in carry handles and the fact that it is so portable unlike hard shell kayaks. I believe that the aluminum ribs in the bow and stern combined with the AE Backbone I purchased, give the AE AF Sport excellent tracking and performance. I am very pleased with my purchase and would purchase AE inflatables again and I recommend them to friends and family. If you cannot lift heavy hard shell kayaks due to physical problems, but still want to be able to go kayaking, then inflatable kayaks are your ticket to getting out there and enjoying being "at one with water" again.

PS: My first AE inflatable kayak was the Fire Fly but I found it to be too short (at 7ft. 10 in. long) to track well unless I used really shallow paddle strokes. It is very stable on the water. I found it to be a well constructed inflatable kayak good for kids or small adults. I have tried to sell it online but no one wants to buy it because they think it is just a cheap plastic kayak like the ones you can get at discount stores but AE inflatable kayaks are not cheaply made at all.

Thank you Advanced Elements, for making such quality products at reasonable prices.