Submitted: 10-01-2012 by harmonious51

My son recently got the family into kayaking. We were fortunate that friends allowed us to borrow a few of their then 14 kayaks (the family has grown). We got a good feel for what would work and what wouldn't. My son picked a Tarpon 140 for his personal boat. I bought a Pescador 12 through Ebay and my wife claimed it as her own. I had the opportunity to pick a Tarpon 120 or the Ride 115 and went with the Ride. The Pescador 12 and Tarpon 120 are very close and I thought something a little different would fit the bill.

I find the Ride is built very solidly. It offers an extremely stable ride with lots of space for an afternoon at the beach or paddling in the mangroves. It is heavy, but once in the water that is not a major factor. It's width to length means that it is usually a little slower than other boats of similar capabilities.

I am contemplating purchase of a carbon shaft 250cm paddle to maximize performance. The seat is very comfortable and accommodates my 6' 210lb frame very well. The hatches offer excellent access to below deck storage space that adds to the versatility of the Ride.

Overall a very well built boat that offers a lot of paddling pleasure.