Submitted: 09-28-2012 by ragic
My Kyook has been in my stable since early 1995. It was my first "Sea Kayak".
Mine is the Kyook Plus model that has both bulkheads and a rudder. The Kyook is 15 feet long and 25 inches wide. It has great initial stability and decent secondary stability. It is at home on flat water and pretty big waves and chop as well. I have surfed it plenty of times. It is not a fast boat by any means but will hold it's speed well. Tracking isn't bad but does require the rudder sometimes. I store my kayaks inside so the Kyook still looks brand new, even though it's 17 years old. Even the neoprene hatch undercovers are like new.

I'm 5' 8" tall and weigh 200 lbs and still have plenty of cockpit room. I could foam it in to fit like a glove like my Sirocco but I like the fact that I can move a bit for comfort and to fish or relax without bracing. Necky had some great plastic to still look as good as it does. I live in Western NY so all of our launch places are rock or concrete. No sandy beaches here. Thanks to the "old" Necky for making a great kayak!