Submitted: 09-26-2012 by mikeknauf
Just bought this canoe in Kevlar Fusion with aluminum trim and I really love it. Not only is it stunning to look at but it is light, turns well, tracks well and is quick and efficient. It is a jack of all trades but really master of none. I tested boats that were faster and ones that turned better but none that did everything as well as this boat.

I wanted something that was a good all around ship for lakes and streams... a tripping canoe. It is light enough to be easily carried around rough stuff. Tested it in wind and waves and had good stability and very good speed. Stability is good as well - it feels a bit twitchy at rest but it lets you know what it is doing.

I believe this boat is a little beyond my skill level which is good because the better I get with it, the more it rewards me. It is forgiving enough though that I don't end up in a rock or in the water if I make a mistake. It is however very sensitive to weight ballast. It does not track well in wind and waves if that is off - the adjustable front seat makes this a breeze to adjust for though... the boat requires a lot of communication with the bowman and likes to be steered from the bow.

I can't speak for it's solo prowess and don't plan on using it solo. For tandem it is great and pushes both paddlers to work together. A really fun canoe - comfortable as well. A great all around performer!

Talic: