Submitted: 09-26-2012 by Jim destafney

Just purchased a 3 yr old Nighthawk. I have been kayaking regularly in NW Florida for 5 years. I'm 61, 6'2", 195 lbs., size 13 shoes. My other boats are a Necky Elaho HV, and a Wilderness T-160i. Suffice it to say that I have a new favorite boat.

Very playful and maneuverable with the skeg up....tracks nicely with the skeg down. This is a much less tippy boat than the Elaho. Very nice cockpit access/size. Can sit in with legs out and pull them in quite easily. Thigh braces are perfectly located for my size. It has the speed of the Necky and the stability of the Wilderness.

I could not be more pleased. Great boat in every respect. I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time in it this winter. For the first time in my kayak "career", I don't feel like I need another boat... that makes my wife very happy.