Submitted: 09-24-2012 by Shawn

I bought the Vapor 10XT in the spring with on purpose: Fishing. While I am fishing the river and long stretches at that (13-15 miles) and I find I am doing much much more paddling. So, I installed some rod holders and it serves the purpose very well.

This is my first kayak and from what little experience I have, I like it. I do agree that the seat is a bit on the uncomfortable side, after about 4 hours in the kayak. You kinda get bleacher a$$. To solve, I bought a pad which has pretty much solved the problem. There is plenty of room in the yak. The storage in the back for my dry box, misc ropes and odds and ends. Behind the seat, I have little room because I installed the rod holders. In front, plenty of room. I can fit my gear bag, utility boxes, cooler and small odds and ends. The drink holder in the front it useless. You have to get up from the seat and in the water, I do not recommend that.

The kayak is stable. Tracks well, again, I am a novice so with no comparison, it is hard to say. And I have paddled the Susquehanna, app 15 miles in a little under 5 hours, mostly dead water. So it moves pretty nicely. All in all, I would buy again.