Submitted: 09-24-2012 by JeffA

I had read a number of reviews about the Delphin 155 and, since I love playing in the surf, I bought one. I got it for $1250 new and found the overall construction to be quite good. My initial impression of the kayak was that it was a little tame and slow, compared to my Valley Pintail. It wasn't until I was able to to take it out in some really rough water that the design and capabilities came out. This kayak is designed for rough water and surfing. When on a steep wave face, the hard bow chines engage and you can easily edge turn. The full bow keeps if from purling and it is quite maneuverable.

This is a play boat that has crossed whitewater with sea kayak attributes to make a very unique kayak. It is not a "do everything" boat, but is exceptional in the rough stuff. It is a bit slow in flat water, but hey, that's not what it's made for. The primary is such that a beginner can paddle this comfortably. The high end designs also allow for the skilled paddler to do things that may not be possible in more traditional kayaks.

Take one for a test paddle, in rough conditions. If you can't paddle this in rough water, you should stay out of rough water because this kayak is the best I have ever paddled in conditions. I say this having paddled the Romany, Pintail, Chatham, Zephyr and a host of other rough water boats.
Try the Delphin.....you won't be disappointed.