Submitted: 09-24-2012 by DJS

It's a lightweight easy kayak, but not necessarily for beginners. You have to get in with the same mentality as getting on a bicycle - push to get some forward momentum and then step in keeping yourself centered. Once you're in, it's stable as long as you're stable. Tracking this kayak is all about your paddling technique - it has no features of its own to keep you straight. The rear of the kayak is better buoyed than the the bow. If you take bottles of water with you and store them between your feet, you might also want to get 1 or 2 styrofoam noodles to stuff in the front. I use the back hatch to store my sneakers (in plastic bags) because I don't like using my water shoes to carry the kayak over terrain from the car to the water. Even though it's really quite a cheap kayak, it is actually quite fun, easy to haul and ideal for calm water.