Submitted: 09-20-2012 by Gart

Tracks well with molded keel, I like the material it is made of because it is quieter, extra buoyancy with the Old Town 3 ply... tough as nails... I have mine set up with a Minn Kota Endura 30 lb thrust with telescoping handle for comfort and ease. Moves this boat beautifully.

I bought some lightweight seats with backrests, great for long outings. I also recommend getting a solar charger, dirt cheap, works terrific and can be left out in all kinds of weather. I use paddles in small lakes, in wildlife refuge where no electric motors are allowed. I recommend the lightest and strongest paddle. Bending branches makes a carbon Touring paddle and other lightweight paddles.

And now with the square stern Old Town Discovery canoe, I can now hit all those narrow waterways and open lakes. I sold my Jon boat when I realized how versatile this 13 footer is. I can stand and fish, carry all kinds of photographic gear, and camping equipment for that Adirondack island getaway. Best investment I ever made!