Submitted: 09-20-2012 by deezee

I recently purchased a 133k that has seen little use. The first thing I did was install the oar locks that were supplied with the canoe from the factory. Then I took it to the lake. The wind was out of the north at about 15 knots. Paddling was easy, the boat moved out smartly. Being only 13 feet, It wanted to respond to every input, correct or otherwise. Very responsive. I then switched over to 7 foot oars. This boat came alive. It responds very well rowing, easily outrunning my 9.5 foot rowing dhingy. With an eight hundred pound capacity, this canoe would actually make a good tender for a yacht. However, I will be constructing my own crossmember to place the oarlock about 10 inches or so outside the gunnels. This will make the rowing even easier.

In it's original setup, even gentle rowing results in a pleasing turn of speed. I would say that if one is solo in this canoe, rowing is the way to go. Switch to paddles when the waterway gets narrow. All in all, a very versatile boat!