Submitted: 09-19-2012 by Cindylou

I am new to kayaking, having only started this year. Was borrowing a neighbors Wilderness Systems Pungo 12, and loved it, but wanted my own kayak and didn't want to spend 800.00 for a Pungo. Tried a few 10 ft kayaks. Bought the Dirigo 10.6 and have been very happy with this kayak! Of course it does not track as well as a 12 ft kayak or is quite as fast, but it does very well for a boat of its size. I have no problem keeping it straight on windy days. And on calm water it is pretty fast for a 10 foot kayak. It is very stable, which is very important for me. Great for fishing, lots of storage. On choppy water you will get a bit wet. I don't mind when it's warm, but might need a spray skirt when it gets cooler.

I am a 5ft 4in 125lb woman and can load and carry kayak by myself, which was a important factor for me since I often go kayaking by myself. I enjoy this kayak so much and recommend it to anyone who wants a stable, easy to paddle kayak.

Talic: