Submitted: 09-19-2012 by Judith

I can't imagine why this wonderful little canoe was discontinued. I've had my kevlar ultra-light with wood rails (30 lbs) for at least 8 years. I use it for tripping in the BWCA and for fly-in solo trips in Wabakimi Provincial Part. Unlike others who lowered the seat, I jacked the seat up to the rails in back with the front about an inch lower. I mainly kneel and need the seat this high to do so, but feel comfortable sitting unless the water is rough or fast. It is important to say that that my center of gravity is rather low. I use two internal frame packs, one front, one back, both sit below the rails. With a load it is much more stable. But it is quick and lively unloaded--lots of fun to paddle. It handles wonderfully in a wind. It is the perfect small solo that I looked for for many years. I'll never part with it. If you spot a used one for sale, grab it.

Pelican Intl.: