Submitted: 09-17-2012 by Ragic
Twitchy, fast, and fun! That's how I describe my new Sirocco. I took it out this morning for a few hours to get to know it. It fits me like a glove. A few extra small pads here and there will make it perfect. It's longer by 1' 10" and 2" narrower than my other kayak (Necky Kyook, 15' by 25")and this makes it more like a jet fighter compared to a stable passenger plane. It took me almost 1/2 hour to get used to the twitchy, almost ready to tip over feeling but once I got used to it, WOW! What a ride.

I can do leaned turns and lean all the way over. I was never able to do that in my Necky Kyook as it was wider and didn't have that "secondary" stability that helps the kayak maintain it's stability when leaned over. I scored this 2010 model white Sirocco in brand new, never been in the water condition for $700.00! Now I can really learn what a kayak is capable of. I'm going to take rolling classes this winter so I'll really be ready to play hard next spring. I can't wait to take it out in some tasty waves on Lake Ontario and have some fun!