Submitted: 09-17-2012 by Adam Borseth

Funny story how I got into building a couple of Pygmy kayaks. Friend asked if I wanted to go for a ride one day to Port Townsend. Well sure i said. Now i am a custom home builder who likes projects Always something going on. "So what are we going to Port Townsend for?" I ask. He said I am going to build a wood kayak. So I went along for the ride. Got to Port Townsend by the time we left the store yep I bought two Artic Tern kits. Never paddled in my life. Needless to say I could probably build half a house in the time I had in building these boats, but was extremely fun building and simple construction. Took me couple months to build both. Don't use as much as I should but as many people say, I am in the Pygmy family now. Was a good experience building and they are beautiful kayaks. Anyone interested should build one; worth the time.