Submitted: 09-14-2012 by Guy

I paddle the estuaries in Suffolk on the East coast of England and needed another canoe so that our party of four could travel the Alde, Ore, Deben and the sea in between. I picked it up with vests and paddles for 320. I can confirm many of the themes already set out here.

It paddles solo well (front seat reversed), is pretty quick and very hardy and stable. On the downside it is really heavy and with its tumbledown gunwhales a bugger to handle and drain out of water. Car topping needs a bit of care or it will try and escape your grip. I'm 188cm and 97kg and the rear seat is too tight without a pad to lift you. It makes my Grumman 1550 seem very light.

Mine is red and came with strap in bags that are useful. I recommend it if you can get it at a fair price and don't mind the weight. It's a tough canoe.