Submitted: 09-27-2000 by Chris

Our Bob is R-Lite -- at 52 pounds very easy to handle on and off the water. Great lines, good tracking (esp. tandem), pretty fast,and stable but quite maneuverable on flat water (all I've tried to date). The construction quality seems quite good. My only quibble is with seat positioning. The bow seat is so far forward in tandem there's not much room for the front paddler (maybe we're just adjusting to the smaller 15 ft. boat), and so far back when paddling solo that the bow rides high. Kneeling cures the latter problem, and I'll probably either add a kneeling thwart or just put a couple weights at the bow. I suspect, however, the canoe would perform a bit better and be a bit more comfortable if both seats were moved a bit toward center. Well, nothing's perfect, but overall I am very pleased with this canoe. Much preferable (to me) than the similarly-sized options readily available in this area (mid-Atlantic U.S.).