Submitted: 09-12-2012 by StephenB

As an update on my earlier reviews I'm pleased how the Slipstream 887XT has continued to be very useful in safely carrying my kayaks (one at a time) to various paddling spots. I particularly appreciate the support extension for the kayak found in this design.

One specific update is that I did not widen the factory rack spacing of my 2013 Subaru Outback from the earlier (relatively narrow at 24" found in my 2010 Outback). I didn't change things given the extended support of the Slipstream and I was concerned there might not be quite enough clearance mounting the Slipstream on the back (rear-most) crossbar and opening the rear hatch. I didn't see any advantage to change/widen the Outback crossbars although I will when transporting my canoe or perhaps using J-hooks instead of the Slipstream.