Submitted: 09-10-2012 by Bradley1959

I received an Old Town Discovery 174 as a gift about 3 weeks ago from a friend who hadn't used it in a number of years. The thwart and yoke had rotted out of it but the rest of it was in good shape. After cleaning it up and ordering and receiving the thwart, yoke and attaching hardware and putting them on, I put it out on the pond we live on with my wife and daughter and we had a blast. It's easy to paddle and turn even when I'm in it solo. I've never owned a canoe so this is a treat for me and I've had fun with it. It is a bit on the heavy side but it doesn't take much to move it from the rack to the water since it's only about 5 feet and the rack is low to the ground. My wife doesn't even complain when she helps me move it. It's still manageable by myself putting it in and taking it out of the water. I would buy another in a heartbeat.