Submitted: 09-07-2012 by FarleyMann

Just follow up on my previous review, this is still a great yak. But ongoing use has revealed a major problem, and that is the seating. This yak is basically the same as a Pescador or 2008 Tarpon (without a seat), and, as such, really requires a Wilderness seat. I put a pretty nice COD Apex 1 in it, and after a couple of hours my back in the pelvis area is hammered.

This boat really calls for a Wilderness seat, which is not readily available except on the Pescador or the Tarpon. Only one place sells the seat back assembly, which is the key part. You can put anything in the seat -- garden kneeling pad, Skwoosh seat pad, piece of sleeping bed pad from Wally World, etc. In retrospect, now that I wasted money on a COD seat I won't use and had to replace with the correct seat, which WM doesn't sell, I should have just gotten the Pescador to start with and put in my own rod holders. The anchor trolley thing ... meh.

Thunder Bay Tourism: