Submitted: 09-26-2000 by Chris

I bought my '99 Micro 240 earlier this year, and it is my first actual WW boat. At first, I couldn't get used to the new edge the boat has, as it would flip me at every eddy. This wasn't the boat's fault, but it goes to show that it is designed to grab that micro-eddy in a tight creek situation. Pyranha redesigned the Micro last year, changing from a 'trihedral' hull to a semi-planing with a sharper chine. My paddling usually is general river running, and compared to other boats out there it really isn't the best for that. It really shines in a tighter creek situation with big drops, so that is something to think over when considering the Micro. It is quite slow when attaining, and generally takes more muscle power to punch through monster holes/waves. You will notice it tends to 'bob' along on waves with its short length and higher volume instead of slicing through the upper parts. However, one thing it does very well is run waterfalls! I recently discovered that thrill of plunging off a 15 foot drop in this boat. It lands very smoothly and surfaces almost immediately due to the buoyancy and curved shape. It might throw you off to one side or the other, but that seems to be an inherent design feature. It's comfort is also one of the best I have ever seen in a WW boat. 6 footers won't have a problem with the 240. The unpadded seat is actually very nice, and is totally adjustable back and forth with the knee braces being adjustable as well. It already comes with a very supportive backband. Overall, its a great kayak, but unless you are doing creeks all the time there are better river running boats to look at. However, it will still run rivers just fine, if a little on the slow side.