Submitted: 09-26-2000 by Chris

I bought mine about 3 years ago. I wanted a stable touring boat I could go camping with, and the Yukon definitely fits the bill. It's not the fastest boat for open water, but it really shines when faced with scarier stuff on rivers and lakes. Essentially its a whitewater kayak that has been stretched out to 15 feet. A rudder is a definite necessity, so don't wait on that. I'm divided on the pedal system, as the plastic tends to warp quite a bit after prolonged use, perhaps Prijon should invest in a stiffer plastic or aluminum? In case you don't know, the boat has been down some really incredible stuff, including an excursion down the Grand Canyon and some class IV water in South America. I've personally been down the New and the Lower Yough with it. It won't turn tight rapids, but it handles the big stuff without drama. I now have a Pyranha WW boat, so I have best of both worlds!