Submitted: 08-29-2012 by MT

Pros: I'm on my second summer in Western Michigan and just passed 1000 documented miles using my Garmin 550. Average speed on rivers ranges from 4.5 to 5.5 moving average and 40-50 mile/day are possible even in stiff west wind. Wrist strain and shoulder pain have gone and the Infinity 155 has been a delight.

Cons: This boat was not made for Michigan rivers and the hull is paper thin. I've had to repair 5 times with epoxy cement. The leaks from thin cracks to a finger size hole in the hull that flooded the front compartment and made it paddle so heavy in the water I had to call for an early pick up on a 3 day trip. There is a rigid plastic divider that separates each compartment and it has proven to be the area that is subject to hairline cracks left to right. This can result from simply passing over a log just a few inches under the water line.

My last kayak was not as easy to paddle and caused body stress in my wrists and shoulder, but I logged over 2000 miles and never had a leak.