Submitted: 08-27-2012 by cpyrght

I cannot believe that this book has not yet been mentioned, promoted or reviewed yet, here on the most popular U.S. kayak website, paddling.net.

I'll be honest, when I first bought Fearless I did so more as a curiosity. I was not expecting to find the book to be much more entertaining than most simple "How to books" or casual dime store adventure stories.

But I was wrong for making such an assumption. Fearless: One Woman, One Kayak, One Continent, the story of Freya Hoffmiester's recent solo navigation around Australia is a truly outstanding book. The story in itself is an amazing one, but what makes this book a true modern day classic in it's genre is the exceptional, non pretentious way it is written by Joe Glickman. It's rare in this day and age to read an author that presents his thoughts with true objectivity, allowing the reader to form their own conclusions and judgments.

Fearless is written with great imagery, humor and simple honesty. If you are someone that loves paddling, you will not be able to put it down. If you are a person that has never paddled, it's the kind of book that will inspire you to run out and do so.

After reading the book, I purchased 5 copies for friends and family. Everyone that has read it, from 18 year old nieces and nephews to an 80 year old mother and uncle, all found the storytelling and the story itself, to be simply outstanding.

I don't actually think that Joe Glickman himself, actually knows the talent he has shown in the way he has told this great adventure. All one has to do is go to Amazon and read the 35 reviews left by his fans, to realize that he has indeed written something very special.

I urge anyone that has ever picked up a paddle to get themselves a copy of Fearless. I also think that paddling.net itself should think of selling the book or promoting it here on their website.

If there was ever a book written for the paddling community that explains exactly why we all love what we do, this book is it! It is "the" modern day paddling related, adventure story and in time will prove to be a true classic of significant historic value.

I genuinely enjoyed the experience of traveling along Freya's journey. As I already stated, a great book!