Submitted: 08-23-2012 by kell0618
We bought the Necky Rip the first year Necky made them. Actually, we bought two. My mother-in-law liked ours so much, we went and picked one up for her as well. They track well, and yes - the seat can be uncomfortable if you don't have it adjusted properly. The back is adjustable and if you get the foot pegs at the proper spot for your size and preference, you can paddle for hours with little or no further adjustment necessary. We absolutely love these kayaks and have taken them on flat water, lakes, and rivers. We've been in some pretty serious waves and the Rip handles them like a champ. For the price, size, awesome rear hatch with a fabulous seal, we can't imagine owning any other brand of recreational kayak. A super stable and awesome yak! If I could afford another kayak, I'd buy the same model in a different color - love the new Storm!