Submitted: 08-22-2012 by hlub34a
A long time sailor, if I had known what fun kayaking was, I'd gotten into it sooner! That said, I'd been having fun with my Ocean kayak sit-on, great for recreational paddling and service work (shoreline cleanup). I longed to move to a larger boat and one that had a bit more speed. I opted for a 'stitchNglue' kit from CLC.

This review is only for the building part, as I am just finishing with the varnish. The kit came with everything except hand tools. The pieces were perfectly cut and the kit came with great instructions and a companion DVD. The greatest asset was the customer care that I received from CLC. Any question I had (via email) about a step in the building process was quickly and completely answered the same day or early the next. Made the process go a lot faster. After 3 coats of varnish, the kayak is gorgeous. All I need to do is install the seat and we're ready for the water test.