Submitted: 08-17-2012 by Joseph Townley

I have the Clipper white Water 2 in Custom Light have only paddled with it a few times. I have both front and rear sliding seats makes a big difference with the weight difference between me and my brother. Have tried it with a GPS on board last evening by myself and have reached 10.2KM/H SOLO just for a second. But averaged between 6.5 and 8KM/H for a 45 minute paddle solo. Found it very hard to keep straight in a cross wind, but hopefully will be better with a second person.

The craftsmanship on the canoe was good; there was 1 spot on the bow where the resin wasn't 100% complete just need to add a small coat for a touch up. I can handle the canoe by myself very easily just a bit long to balance when the ground is not very smooth. i have no problem taking it on and off the roof rack on my truck by myself.

Only thing i would change on the canoe would be a keel to keep it tracking straight in a bit of a cross wind. We have a race coming up next weekend down the Churchill River and hoping the long waterline of the canoe will help us get a little more speed compared to the shorter 17'ers.