Submitted: 08-17-2012 by bob

Just bought my f&d. This is my first. I borrowed an Ocean Kayak Scrambler to see if i would like yaking. I did. Only issue for me was stability. I flipped the Scrambler first time out & always felt unstable in it. I started looking for a yak that i would feel safe in. Test paddled quite a few, read online reviews of many others. Actually drove 140 miles round trip to test paddle f&d. Knew instantly that this by far was more stable than any other yak i tried.

The only issue i had were the footwells. Spoke to factory rep., was assured footwell issue had been addressed in new model. Bought one the next day. The footwells in new model may be larger but still are small. THAT IS THE ONLY ISSUE I HAVE. I fish the boat in Manasquan River in NJ. Lots of boat wakes & current to deal with. I can turn sideways to get something from milk carton or small cooler behind it in tankwell with my leg in the water and not feel the yak may tip.

Being new to the sport, I cant rate paddling speed or effort to other yaks but, I can still get to my spots without killing myself with this boat. I would recommend to a friend for sure. I'm 68 and overweight. If i can handle this yak any one can. Hope this helps someone looking for a very, very stable yak.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: