Submitted: 08-14-2012 by bradshawm
I picked up the Riot Edge 13 from REI's online outlet store with an additional 20% off the outlet price. All my other boats are 17-18 foot boats and I wanted a crossover boat for creeks and rock hopping in smaller water ways.

I have never seen a rec boat that has as much to offer as this one. It is not as wide as most rec boats and paddles very well. It tracks great with the skeg down. The seats are extremely comfortable and highly adjustable. It has almost every amenity you might want (two bulkheads, fishing rod holder, rescue straps for paddle float re-entry, two drain plugs, one for the rear compartment and one on the side of the cockpit, thigh braces, adjustable foot pegs and lots of deck straps). It even has a netted storage above the legs under the deck.

The only thing I am disappointed with is that the hatch covers seem slightly too big for the hatches and will most likely not seal well if the boat goes over. Even for a higher price than what I paid, this is an excellent rec boat, but with REI's current sale, it is a steal. I gave it a 9 because of the hatch covers.